Charpie Construction Co., Inc. is seeking an Estimator to join our Preconstruction Services team in Chicago, IL (Edison Park). This person will be responsible for providing estimating support in the preparation of conceptual and final estimates
for our nationwide projects while attaining an appropriate profit margin. The ideal candidate will have a solid history in a similar position with documented successes.
- Provide input to the project team to help determine bidding approach.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity surveys.
- Perform conceptual estimating from preliminary project parameters.
- Prepare project estimates including self-performed work, subcontracted work and general requirements.
- Understand timelines and applicable project deadlines.
- Maintain current information on products, vendors, subcontractors and government requirements.
- Preparation of detailed quantity surveys.
- Subcontractor/supplier bid solicitation and coordination.
- Provide input to the project team for the project schedule.
The characteristics listed below are representative of those sought to perform this job successfully.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Professional in actions and appearance
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Effective interactions with project partners, subcontractors and vendors
- Self-starter and motivated with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience with Microsoft Project, Grade Beam, and Primavera P6 is preferred
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Qualified applicants will have experience in the following:
- Degree in Construction Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-10 years in the construction industry
- 5 years participating in the bidding of commercial and industrial construction projects.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Charpie Construction Co., Inc. was founded in 1995 on the belief that professionalism, quality and value added services are fundamental to a successful company. More than twenty years later, that philosophy has earned Charpie the reputation for
delivering high quality, responsive services to our clients nationwide. Charpie pursues construction projects from offices in Chicago, IL, Brookfield, WI, Hopkinsville, KY and Las Vegas, NV.
Only fully qualified candidates should apply. No phone calls, direct mailings or drop-in inquiries allowed.
Go Back to the Careers page to submit a resume.