Charpie Construction Co., Inc. is seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our team in the Milwaukee, WI area, for commercial/government construction projects to maintain safety, quality, schedule and budget for the project.
- Partner with Project Manager to budget, manage and forecast subcontractor labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
- Read and interpret specifications and plans to determine requirements and planning procedures.
- Supervise, order and coordinate activities of labor, subcontractors and deliveries.
- Maintain quality control by frequent and regular inspection of work-in-progress.
- Complete all reports and records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to company safety and insurance policies, protocols and OSHA/ EM-385 compliance.
- Analyze subcontractor and production problems.
- Conduct and participate in safety and subcontractor progress meetings.
- Traveling/relocation will be required.
The characteristics listed below are representative of those sought to perform this job successfully.
- Working knowledge of field construction including systems, practices, general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods and sequencing,
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, multi-tasking, communication and conflict management skills.
- Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project), daily reports, and construction look-ahead schedules.
- 30 hour OSHA certification training is mandatory.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Qualified applicants will have experience in the following:
- 5years of experience in the commercial construction industry, with projects ranging from $50K-$10M
- 5 years of management experience in the construction trades or a combination of equivalent training and experience.
Only fully qualified candidates should apply. No phone calls, direct mailings or drop-in inquiries allowed.
Please send resume via our Careers page.